Alternatives in Long Term Care Program
The Alternatives in Long Term Care Program provides a central access point to long term home care services for all Herkimer County residents with chronic long-term home care needs. The Alternatives Program is a multiagency program with staff or funding from the Herkimer County Office for the Aging, Public Health Nursing Service and Department of Social Services. Individuals may receive any or all of the following services:
- A social & health assessment
- Information about health services, support services and resources available in and out of the county.
- Referral and assistance in arranging home care services including, but not limited to, The Long Term Home Health Care Program, Personal Care Services Program, Expanded In-Home Services for the Elderly Program, Private Duty Nursing, Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program and Personal Emergency Response System.
- Basic information on Medicaid eligibility and application for procedure
- Information on appropriate placement procedure for individuals in a community setting who need nursing home or adult home placement.
Eligibility Criteria:Herkimer County resident (Medicaid and non - Medicaid)
Referral Process:Referrals should be made by calling 867-1322. Clients are referred by self, families, friends, agencies, facilities, physicians, and hospitals.
No charge for assessment or case management services. Services under individual programs may be on a sliding fee scale or under Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance.